Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bloggity Blog Blog

People said I would love this and would be a natural but what I think is that really, for being January, creativity is exploding everywhere to the point where I do not have time to write anything witty or charming or interesting. We are all in a "personal" lull waiting for the college responses to roll in, getting ready for our spring pilgrimage out to Arizona, and lots of other activities but creativity wise, its BURSTING around here. My son is on song 7 or so with his CD, my daughter is choreographing her senior solo for dance, and I was asked to use my products as the spring fundraiser at the high school for the dance company. So, we are all in overdrive when January is typically an inward time. I really am looking forward to the trip to Maine this weekend. Its so quiet there it gives people a chance to catch up with themselves.

Is this my phenomena or do others feel more wound up for it being the "dead" of winter ?

2 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Its called the Winter blues girl..Christmas season is so busy and every year after it I go through this feeling of let down..I am like a bear I could sleep away the winter moths...I want flowers and see birds singing again..cheer up girl...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

SudsnJewels said...

Gloria - Never really thought I was still experiencing winter blues so will consider that. What I know is that usually, this month offers the opportunity to go inward - after the rush of Christmas season - but not this year. It is more hectic that usual, a bit too busy. Normally we get a good snow or two that makes everyone slow down and the white blanket over all the bare deadness really provides a clean slate so to speak. Going to Maine in less than 24 hours should do it. My sweetheart;s mom lives on a 50 acre farm close to Camden Maine. The only thing that creates an imprint on her grounds this time of year are bird prints, deer prints, rabbits, carribou, and the likes. Everywhere you look its a blanket of white, crystals of ice that glimmer, and it lets the roots of our thoughts go deeper... I love it :) thank you - hugs and smiles to you as well...