Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Falling in Love with Soap





Every once in a while, I fall in love with soapmaking all over again. I made a loaf of soap the other day, right before I went to Maine and not only is it gorgeous to look at, but it smells so good it's just perfect! Funny, what I was looking for before I went to Maine was actually what I found after I made this loaf. When you go someplace that has a completely different "look" to it, you tend to notice the subtle differences. So, when I went to Maine and was among the two feet of snow, I noticed the pops of color standing out in contrast to the blanket of white. Things that were most noticeable were the Christmas decorations that cannot yet be extracted from the snow. The red, green, and yellow lights look very cheerful. Here in a place where the only living plants left to display color are the pine trees, there was nothing but white with the occasional brown sticks of a tree, or these cheery colors of light strings, wreaths, and the like. Just gorgeous. So, I fell in love with soap all over again. More to come later ~

No comments: