Friday, January 23, 2009

Going Green (not eyes, not with envy, just green)



This leaf was on the front page of MSNBC today. It's ice coated edges give it an extra special effect like that of sugar coating and I love it. My inspiration has always come from nature and this leaf reminds me of the treat I am in for this weekend. Fast forward thoughts to todays blog thought. Recently I initiated the process of getting into this show that will be in DC and Philly. When I did, I was interviewed by the marketing woman named Monica. I think I like Monica's because my best hair Goddess who just returned to work from maternity leave is also named Monica and this Monica was great also. Monica helped me realize something about myself that can only help me get better and better at my work. She said that "Green" is the avant garde place to be headed with respect to my bath products. This led me to sharpen my focus on my products. I have always been earth friendly with my soaps and skin care items. That was the premise under which I even started to make these things. Now, I had to go deeper. Looking into eco-friendly packaging, calling attention to the "buzz words" like soy, seaweed, yogurt, and natural ingredients that have always been how I make my products but now they are specifically hot on the market. I have always used recycled packaging but now I need to apply that to every aspect. Bamboo papers, sisal containers....that is the goal ~ so it isnt a matter of starting from scratch but it is a reinvention of sorts. I am excited because when I begin to dig, I start to find more and more opportunities and that is the best part of creating. So much more to think about even with respect to the jewelry.... keeping myself up to snuff on what gemstones are putting us at risk when we mine for them and such.... so..this is just the start. Going green. And to think, this all started with looking at how the Native Americans would leave virtually no footprint where they lived as the migrated around their territories... sheeesh :)

4 comments:

The Kramer Angle said...

Have a safe trip to Maine. Driving or flying? Either way, stay safe. Have fun making jewelry tonight and enjoying the solitude!

SudsnJewels said...

Flying ! Thank you!!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Have a safe trip girl..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hope you have a great time!!