Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blog Frog


The title blog frog - as it relates to leap frog is my focus today. The Kramer Angle encouraged me to blog back in December, and honestly, I got on here and I can look through everyone's blogs and fall in love with home design 3 billion times a day. The funniest thing about blogging here is I know I held back. Everyone else seems to let it fly and I was finding myself caught between ooogling over sites that I do not really contribute to or telling some really random story of my thinking process and then, THEN, I figured out how to go search for soap sites and jewelry sites and I have since branched out and am having a different experience.
The concept of creating and coming up with creative ideas is always fascinating to me. I do not actually consider myself creative when I start poking around at other sites but I do not think I was honoring what I am creative at doing. The old concept of sticking a round peg into a square hole seems to be the best way to describe it. Once my own lightbulb came on, I felt like I came home (again).
In the past week, since acknowledging where my strengths are, I am almost back to where I was 11 years ago when I could not go to sleep without a tablet next to my bed to write down my ideas as fast as they were coming. As a result, within a week I have new packaging, new gift sets, new products and it was here all along, inside me. The trouble is, I was not accessing it.
So, tonight I have a photo shoot for products. I really have the checklist 'from you know where' that needs to happen in the next 10 days as I promised the Dance Director at the High School that I would sponsor the spring fundraising event.
Its a very busy, productive, meaningful time. I had to find my rhythm. I am hoping we are all experiencing this at a time when we are really forced to reflect on those things that are really important. :) Have a great day...more in a day or two.

2 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Girl I call that Blogger block..but it will come to you and you don't have to do anything but what you just did..post something..I have days I just do email jokes I save..hope you have a great day dear friend..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

The Kramer Angle said...

You're just so dang interesting! I love your posts. They have substance!

I'm going to e-mail you now!